Veteran Resources

As your representative in Congress, I am fully committed to ensuring that you receive the assistance necessary to navigate Veteran programs within the federal government, and I’m proud to have a Veteran on my constituent service team dedicated to assisting you. 

Many issues can be resolved by contacting your County Veteran Service Office (CVSO). Your CVSO provides assistance to Veterans and their families with filing claims for state and/or federal benefits, as well as providing counseling and advice on a wide range of Veteran issues. If your CVSO is unable to help with your issue, please contact my office for assistance.  

My office can assist you with: 

  • Addressing issues with Federal Agencies 
  • Navigating VA programs and policies 
  • Providing information on mental health resources 
  • Connecting you with various Veteran job placement services 
  • Connecting with the National Call Center for Homeless Veterans 
  • Checking the status of a VA disability claim appeal 
  • Requesting a medal, award or decoration you received while in the service 
  • Requesting personnel records from the National Personnel Records Center 
  • Contacting the Defense Finance Accounting Service (DFAS) 

For assistance from my office related to the above Veterans issues, please fill out this authorization form.

Additionally, if you or someone you know is in need of Veterans mental health services, I encourage you to reach out to the resources below: 

Department of Veteran Affairs Vet Center
1-877-WAR-VETS (877-927-8387)
1-877-WAR-VETS is an around the clock confidential call center where combat Veterans and their families can call to talk about their military experience or any other issue they are facing in their readjustment to civilian life.

Veterans Crisis Line
Call 1-800-273-8255 and Press 1 or text 838255 to reach caring, qualified responders with the Department of Veterans Affairs. Many of whom are Veterans themselves. This resource is free, confidential and available 24/7. For free confidential chat visit

Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
SAMHSA is the agency within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services that leads public health efforts to advance the behavior health of the nation. SAMHSA's National Helpline 1-800-662-HELP (4357) is a free and confidential treatment referral and information service and is available 24/7, 365 days a year.