Representative Angie Craig Celebrates Passage of the INVEST in America Act
WASHINGTON, DC — Today, U.S. Representative Angie Craig helped to pass the INVEST in America Act, a transformational surface transportation and water infrastructure bill that would modernize America’s infrastructure while driving economic opportunity for American workers in Minnesota and across the country. The bipartisan, $715 billion package is designed to help meet President Biden’s vision – as laid out in the American Jobs Plan – by investing in roads, bridges, transit, rail, drinking water and wastewater infrastructure.
“The INVEST in America Act is an important first step in fulfilling President Biden’s promise to reinvest in our own communities, revitalize American infrastructure and create millions of good paying jobs all across the country,” said Representative Craig. “I am incredibly proud to have helped pass today’s package – and to have secured nearly $19 million in federal funding for local projects throughout Minnesota’s Second Congressional District.”
Earlier this year, Craig submitted several funding requests on behalf of communities in Minnesota’s Second Congressional District. The following projects were included in the final package, which Craig helped pass earlier this afternoon:
- $800,000 for the Apple Valley Station Modernization Project
- $2.4 million for the Burnsville Bus Garage Modernization Project
- $5 million for the Dakota County Veterans Memorial Greenway Project
- $640,000 for the Goodhue County CSAH 2 Bridge 25501 Replacement Project
- $700,000 for the Lakeville I-35/CSAH 50 Interchange Project
- $3.124 million for the Red Wing Levee Road Realignment Project
- $2.3 million for the Scott County US 169/TH 282/CH 9 Interchange Project
- $3.975 million for the Wabasha MN Highway 60 Project
Also included in the package is Representative Craig’s Local Water Protection Act, a bipartisan bill to reduce water pollution in local communities. You can learn more about the full provisions of the package by reading the INVEST in America Act fact sheet.