Utility Assistance

Many of the COVID-19 Energy Assistance Programs for 2019 - 2020 had a deadline of July 1, 2020 and the next round of applications are not accepted until October 1, 2020. There is emergency assistance if you need immediate help. You can find your energy assistance provider on this website, or by calling 1-800-657-3710


Here are some additional resources that may be helpful across Minnesota’s Second Congressional District


Minnesota’s Public Utilities Commission (PUC) 

They have options for financial assistance and mediation services for disputes with utility companies. If you are having trouble with your natural gas, electric or telecommunications provider please email: consumer.puc@state.mn.us.

Low Income Energy Assistance Program
The Deadline for the Low Income Energy Assistance Program for 2020 is July 1, but people still may qualify for the Weatherization Assistance Program, which provides free home energy upgrades to income-eligible homeowners and renters to help save energy and make sure your home is a healthy and safe place to live.

Community Action Partnership (CAP) of Scott, Carver and Dakota Counties
CAP Agency’s Energy Assistance Program (EAP) helps eligible households maintain affordable, continuous and safe home energy. Our services include bill payment assistance, home energy crisis intervention, outreach, energy advocacy, information about utility consumer rights, and referrals. Please reach out to eap-info@capagency.org or 651-322-3500 for additional information.

ThreeRivers Community Action of Goodhue, Rice and Wabasha Counties 
ThreeRivers Community Action is available for any homeowners or renter with a heating and or electric bill, living in Goodhue, Rice, or Wabasha counties. For additional information, please reach out to (507) 316-0610 or 800-277-8418, Ext. 154.

Community Action Partnership of Washington and Ramsey Counties 
For residents of the Second Congressional District who live in Washington County, please contact the Community Action partnership of Washington and Ramsey Counties for more information on energy assistance, eligibility guidelines, and how to apply. Please call 651-645-6470.